Did you know a signature can automatically pre-fill the ACORD forms you create in EZLynx? There are two ways to set a signature to pre-fill.
- Hover over the Settings icon, select EZLynx Preferences and scroll down to the Signature area.
- At Enter New Signature, type the name in the box.
- Or, at Choose New Signature Image, click Choose File and upload from your computer. For help creating a signature image, click HERE.
- Click Save.
Also, a signature can be added or changed while creating an ACORD form.
To use this option:
1. While creating the ACORD in the EZLynx Editor, click the Pen icon.
2. Choose an existing signature from the drop-down list or type a name in the New Signature box.
3. Click Generate Signature.
4. The signature is added to the ACORD form and will be available in the drop-down in the future. All shared signatures are located here.
The state of New York requires Auto Insurance ID cards to include a custom bar code.
Insurance agents licensed to sell insurance in New York can download the ID Card Generator software from the State’s Department of Financial Services website by registering with their NYSDFS Agent or Broker License. Instructions for downloading and installing the software can be found on NYSDFS website. Click here for more information and the installation link: Instructions for Generating IIES NY ID Cards
Once the ID Card Generator software is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Locate your customer in EZLynx. From the Applicant’s Overview tab, go to the Policies grid and click the “Forms” link at the far right side of the auto policy.
- Select the “NY ID Card XML”.
- A page with a string of XML code appears. Save this to your computer desktop.
- Now launch the ID Card Generator software, and import the XML file you just saved to your desktop. This actions fills in the fields of the ID card for you.
- Save the ID card to your computer desktop.
- Go to the Applicant’s Documents tab in EZLynx.
- Click the Add button at the upper right, select Upload and save the ID card to EZLynx.
- If you use our Client Center product, check the ID card’s Share box on the right. This makes the ID card available to the agent’s customer on the Client Center, so they customer can print it 24/7/365.
You can now upload an image of the agent’s signature to be used on ACORD forms created in EZLynx.
It is very easy to make a signature image; save it to your computer and then upload it.
There are several websites available online that can be used to create a signature image, for example: MyLiveSignature
The signature wizard will take you through these steps:
1. Enter Agent’s name
2. Select font by clicking one of the radio dials on the left
3. Select font size – #6 will work fine
4. Select colors – default settings are likely fine, but you can change colors if you want
5. Select signature “slope” or slant
6. Save signature to your desktop so you can upload it in EZLynx.
7. From EZLynx, go to the Settings Icon, EZLynx Preferences, then Signature (bottom of page). Upload signature from your computer.
Once uploaded, the signature will be inserted on ACORD forms in EZLynx!
EZLynx supports image types gif, jpeg, bmp, or png. We recommend image size 460 x 60.
You can add a signature to ACORD forms by using this free software.
To add a signature using Foxit, follow the steps below.
- Make sure the signature is saved as a picture and stored somewhere on your system.Note: Use a scanner to scan and save the signature to your computer. Make sure to save it as an image file type such as JPG or PNG.
- Open the ACORD form in Foxit Reader and enable the Edit toolbar. Do this by going to View > Toolbars > Edit.
- From the Edit toolbar, click the Image button. Using the mouse, left-click and drag out a box over your signature line on the document.
- Once done, the Add Image window will appear. Click Browse to find the signature file on your system. When selected, the preview will appear in the Add Image window. Click OK.
- The signature should appear in the document. You can resize and move the image box as needed.
For additional help with these steps, contact us at [email protected].