The state of New York requires Auto Insurance ID cards to include a custom bar code.
Insurance agents licensed to sell insurance in New York can download the ID Card Generator software from the State’s Department of Financial Services website by registering with their NYSDFS Agent or Broker License. Instructions for downloading and installing the software can be found on NYSDFS website. Click here for more information and the installation link: Instructions for Generating IIES NY ID Cards
Once the ID Card Generator software is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Locate your customer in EZLynx. From the Applicant’s Overview tab, go to the Policies grid and click the “Forms” link at the far right side of the auto policy.
- Select the “NY ID Card XML”.
- A page with a string of XML code appears. Save this to your computer desktop.
- Now launch the ID Card Generator software, and import the XML file you just saved to your desktop. This actions fills in the fields of the ID card for you.
- Save the ID card to your computer desktop.
- Go to the Applicant’s Documents tab in EZLynx.
- Click the Add button at the upper right, select Upload and save the ID card to EZLynx.
- If you use our Client Center product, check the ID card’s Share box on the right. This makes the ID card available to the agent’s customer on the Client Center, so they customer can print it 24/7/365.