Did you know that in order for consumers to obtain successful quotes through your website’s Consumer Quoting, the Carrier Defaults must be set?
The CQ defaults must be set for all of your agency’s appointed carriers. This is a crucial step in the setup process, so before embedding the CQ link in your agency’s website, be sure this task is completed.
To locate your Consumer Quoting Carrier Defaults, hover over the Settings icon, select Consumer Quoting and then select your CQ portal from the drop-down list.
- At the “New Lead Notifications” page, go to the “Rating State” tab.
- Make sure all of the rating states are selected.
- Go to the “Carrier Selection” tab and select the carriers for each rating state.
- Go to the “Carrier Defaults” tab and set all of the defaults.
- Be sure to set a default for EVERY question even if it prompts for the information twice in order to obtain successful quotes.
- If the carrier defaults are already set within your EZLynx user account, you can select to mimic the CQ defaults from your user account.
Once finished, consumers can successfully obtain live quotes through your agency’s website.
Watch this helpful video on Consumer Quoting Self Admin.
Questions? Contact [email protected]
Did you know EZLynx offers a combo Driver / Vehicle prefill option in all states?
This feature is offered through LexisNexis, which requires an account set up. For more information, contact [email protected] or 877-932-2382, option 1.
Wondering, how you got to this point?
In EZLynx, any document or picture added to the Documents tab in EZLynx, counts toward the document storage limits. Forms generated by policy downloads, such as ID cards and Evidence of Insurance, do not count toward storage limits.
Always check your resolution on a scanned image. To save on storage, do not scan photo quality images (ex. 1200dpi image sizes); 200dpi is fine for plain text. For more information on reducing the size of your PDFs, click here: 8 Ways to Reduce PDF File Size
If you have reached your maximum amount of storage, additional storage is available by contacting [email protected].
The state of New York requires Auto Insurance ID cards to include a custom bar code.
Insurance agents licensed to sell insurance in New York can download the ID Card Generator software from the State’s Department of Financial Services website by registering with their NYSDFS Agent or Broker License. Instructions for downloading and installing the software can be found on NYSDFS website. Click here for more information and the installation link: Instructions for Generating IIES NY ID Cards
Once the ID Card Generator software is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Locate your customer in EZLynx. From the Applicant’s Overview tab, go to the Policies grid and click the “Forms” link at the far right side of the auto policy.
- Select the “NY ID Card XML”.
- A page with a string of XML code appears. Save this to your computer desktop.
- Now launch the ID Card Generator software, and import the XML file you just saved to your desktop. This actions fills in the fields of the ID card for you.
- Save the ID card to your computer desktop.
- Go to the Applicant’s Documents tab in EZLynx.
- Click the Add button at the upper right, select Upload and save the ID card to EZLynx.
- If you use our Client Center product, check the ID card’s Share box on the right. This makes the ID card available to the agent’s customer on the Client Center, so they customer can print it 24/7/365.
Locate the applicant by using the Quick Search box. Just to the right of the Overview tab, click on the Lead Info tab. Click the Edit button at the bottom of the page, then click the colorful, “People” Icon to the right of the “Assigned To” field. On the following Pop-Up, uncheck the currently assigned user and check the box for the new user. Click the Apply button, then the Save button at the bottom of the Lead Info tab.
If you are appointed in multiple rating states, you have probably noticed a checkbox labeled, “State Specific Logins” on the Carrier Logins page in EZLynx.
If you have just one carrier username and password for all of your rating states, just set the “Default” setting in EZLynx. It will cover you for all your rating states, and avoid the need to update passwords multiple times in EZLynx when your password changes on the carrier site.
Alternatively, if you have a different username and password for the carrier, then check the “State Specific Logins” box. All available rating states for your agency appear, then you can click Set next to the appropriate one.
To delete a state-specific credential already set in EZLynx, select “Clear”.
To print a Commission report, simply export the report to Word. The Word landscape orientation displays the report in a very easy to read format. Printing the document from Word is then SUPER easy!
Export the Commission report to Word
Once exported, you can print the document directly from Word
We’ve provided some important Third-Party links on the Dashboard page. These links offer address validation, VIN verification, vehicle valuations, as well a Home Replacement Cost Calculator outside of EZLynx. You can also allow our support representatives quick access to your computer with the Fast Support link.