How to use Google Business Messages effectively as another channel of communication for your agency
In today's digital age, businesses are always looking for ways to improve their customer experience. One way to do this is by incorporating messaging platforms into their customer service strategy. Google Business Messages is a relatively new platform that enables businesses to communicate with customers through Google Maps and Google Search. In this article, we will provide you a guide to Google Business Messenger, and how you can use it to improve your customer experience.
What are Google Business Messages?
Google Business Messages is a messaging platform developed by Google, allowing businesses to communicate with their customers directly through Google Maps and Google Search. It enables businesses to respond to customer inquiries, provide customer support, and even complete transactions directly through Google Business chat. Customers simply have to click on the ‘CHAT’ button on the business's Google Maps or Google Search listing to initiate a conversation.
Why should you use Google Business Messages?
Google Business Messages provides a range of benefits for businesses looking to improve their customer experience. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider using Google My Business text messaging:
- Increase customer satisfaction - By providing customers with a convenient way to communicate with your business on Google Business chat, you can improve their overall experience with your brand. This can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Improve response times - Google Business Messenger allows businesses to respond to customer inquiries in real time, which can improve response times and increase customer engagement.
- Boost leads - By enabling customers to request a quote directly through Google Business chat, you will have more leads come in and more opportunities to convert those leads into policy transactions.
- Increase visibility - By using GMB messaging, businesses can increase their visibility on Google Maps and Google Search, making it easier for customers to find and connect with them.
How to set up Google My Business Messaging
- Go to https://business.google.com/locations and click on your agency. If you don't see your agency, you will need to login with the Google account that you used to create your Google Business listing.
- Select ‘Messages’ on the menu.
- Click on 'Turn on' when the prompt appears.
- If the pop-up does not show, click on Menu (three vertical dots) and go to ‘Message settings’.
- Turn on or off ‘Chat’.
Best practices for using Google Business Messaging
To get the most out of Google Business Messaging, here are some best practices to follow:
- Be responsive - Customers expect quick responses, so make sure you respond to your Google Business chat promptly.
- Be helpful - Provide useful information and resources to customers to help them make informed decisions.
- Be professional - Use a professional tone and language when communicating with customers.
- Personalize your messages - Use the customer's name and personalize your messages to make them feel valued.
- Use automation - Use automation tools to respond to frequently asked questions and free up time for your team to handle more complex inquiries.
Conclusion: Use Google Business Messages for the benefit of your business
Google Business Messaging is effective for getting in touch with customers who are discovering your business on Google. Giving them an extra option to chat with your brand through Google can increase convenience and improve their customer experience. While most brands now opt for WhatsApp Business messaging for customer communication, it will still be beneficial for you to set up Google My Business messaging to offer your customers with more messaging options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do Google Business Messages go?
You can access your Google Business Messages on your Google Business profile.
Is Google Business Messaging free?
Yes. You can log in to your Google Business profile to manage your messages with customers from Google Search or Google Map.
What are Google web conversation messages?
Google Messages for Web is a platform for Android users to send out SMS messages from the desktop. Normal carrier charges will still apply.
Are Google Messages for Web the same as Google Business Messages?
No. Google Messages for Web are for sending SMS messages while Google Business Messages are for businesses to chat with customers who landed on their Google My Business profile.